One of the great things about Onshape are the parts libraries and featurescripts created by the community. This page is a list of some of the most useful ones we've found.
MKCad Onshape Library
This library has a wide variety of COTs parts which can be easily imported into your assemblies. This is a community created library and you can see its latest updates in the ChiefDelphi Thread.
The easiest way to use this library is to subscribe to the MKCad App, which is available on the Onshape App Store. Simply click "Subscribe" on this page and follow the prompts.
Once you have subscribed to the app, it will be available in your assemblies on the right side of your screen:
Clicking on this icon will open up the app. Click on any document or search to find parts and assemblies.
Clicking on a part or assembly will insert it into the currently open assembly. If the part or assembly has configuration options, a menu will appear allowing you to select these.
You can also label the MKCad documents to use with the normal insertion menu.
- Do a public search in Onshape by clicking this link.
- Click the label icon in the top right (next to the trash can) and then in the drop down click 'Create New Label'. Call it 'MKCad'
- Next you will add all documents from this search to the label by right clicking on the document, clicking 'Labels...', then adding to the newly created MKCad label
You should now see the label with all the documents on the left side of navigation below the create button.
Onshape has their own scripting language to create custom features to automate aspects of design called Featurescripts. There are also a lot of community generated scripts which are particularly useful to FRC.
- Open any Onshape document and go inside of a part studio
- Click the right most button on the toolbar ('Add custom features')
- Note: If you have previously added any Featurescripts one of those may show up as the right most icon. In that case click the dropdown to show the add button.
- Note: Many of the below feature scripts are part of the same overall document so you can add multiple from the same link.
Custom Length Extrusion
Made by Ricky
Spur Gear Generator
Motor Mount Hole Generator
Automated Part Numbering
Made by Abhi
Laser joint generator
T-slot joint generator
Automatic part layout
General Featurescript Collection
List of various useful scripts which aren't FRC specific: Link
Robot CAD Collection
Robot CAD from previous years can be a great learning resource to look at how other teams solved old challenges. Thankfully teams have compiled lists together to make it easy to find robots from specific teams and years.
Are We Missing Anything?
If we're missing any useful resources be sure to let us know so we can get it added.Add to the CAD Library